WELCOME TO THUNDERBIRD RESORTS and the BEAUTIFUL ILLINOIS RIVER
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
FOR YOUR FLOATING SAFETY AND PLEASURE PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
-Wear your life preserver
-Watch the river ahead of you -Stay to the inside of curves
-Avoid logs, do not grab branches
-Do not jump or dive in river-No rope swings
-Wear old river shoes and sunscreen
-Observe no trespassing signs
VIOLATIONS SUBJECT TO FINES
-Children 12 and under must wear life preservers
-No glass or Styrofoam -No littering
-No use of profanity or obscene behavior
-No alcohol stronger than 3.2 content
-No firearms -No tying canoes/rafts
We hope that everyone enjoys their trip on the river! PLEASE respect the rights of others! MISBEHAVIOR will result in removal from the river, possible fine or arrest and NO REFUND!
GROUP LEADER- Please read carefully-YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for the accuracy of all names listed on this page and those continuation pages attached. You are also responsible to make sure each individual understands and agrees to the terms and conditions of the Release of Liability below and the guidelines above. You also agree to assist Thunderbird Resorts in any way necessary to collect funds for abused or abandoned equipment and to defend against lawsuits that violate the Release of Liability signed by participants of this group. As a group leader of a church or scout troop, you may assume full responsibility for the entire group.
THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
The undersigned Participant acknowledges that river rafting, canoeing, kayaking, camping and its associated activities are by their nature potentially dangerous and the risk of bodily injury, drowning, and mental anguish exists. Serious or minor injuries may occur when traveling to and from the river, from falling out of a boat, flipping a boat, collision with objects in the river with a boat, from jumping or diving from a boat, rope swing, or fixed object, injury during hikes, from insect stings, from sunburn and other unforeseen occurrences. The Participant acknowledges the extent of the risks involved in the activities described by this agreement and voluntarily and freely chooses to incur such risks. A safety orientation will be given to those who ask before the Participant goes on the river.
EXEMPTION FROM LIABILITY
The Participant releases Thunderbird Resorts and its employees from any and all liability and claims whatsoever, including strict liability, and negligence arising out of any damage, loss or injury to the participant or participant’s property while upon the premises or using the equipment of Thunderbird Resorts or while participating in any of the activities contemplated by this agreement.
COVENANT NOT TO SUE
The Participant agrees never to institute any suit or action at law or otherwise against Thunderbird Resorts and its employees arising from the activities contemplated by this agreement.
INDEMNITY AGAINST THIRD PARTY CLAIMS
The Participant will indemnify, and hold harmless Thunderbird Resorts and its employees from any and all losses or claims, which may be initiated by any other person or organizations, and which arise directly or indirectly from the activities contemplated by this agreement.
CONTINUATION OF OBLIGATIONS
The Participant agrees that the terms and conditions of the foregoing ASSUMPTION OF RISK, EXEMPTION OF LIABILITY, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND INDEMNITY AGAINST THIRD PARTY CLAIMS shall continue in full force at all times during and after participating in the activities of Thunderbird Resorts, and shall be binding upon the heirs and executors if the Participant or his/her estate.
THE UNDERSIGNED, ACKNOWLEDGES HAVING READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY AND HEREBY AGREES TO ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF _____CANOES, _____KAYAKS, _____RAFTS, _____PADDLES AND _____LIFE PRESERVERS, WITH ACCEPTANCE OF SAID EQUIPMENT, I ACKNOLEDGE THE FACT THAT I MUST MAKE FULL RESTITUTION FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE EQUIPMENT IF DAMAGED OR LOST: CANOE-$800 RAFT-$1200 KAYAK-$700 LIFE PRESERVER OR PADDLE-$20
Group Leader (assuming full responsibility)____________________________________________________________________________________
Print:_______________________________________________ Sign:______________________________________ Date:___________________
2. __________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ________________________
3. __________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ________________________
4. __________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ________________________
5. __________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ________________________
6. __________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ________________________
7. __________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ________________________
8. __________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ________________________
9. __________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ________________________
10. _________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ________________________
11. _________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ________________________
7704 Highway 10,
Tahlequah, OK 74464